Saturday, January 03, 2015

2014: A Year in Review

They say that time flies.  I never knew how fast until Mateo was born.  It seemed like I was taking those monthly photos every other day.  Even though I have not had as much time as I would like to keep this here blog up and running lately, I am so happy for what I do have written/documented.   Because "they" also say you tend to forget things and I know that it true for me.  I can't tell you how many times I have had to reference my blog. 

I started looking back over 2014 and was quite amused.  We really had a great year.  A lot of adventures!

Let's take a look, shall we?


January 

We survived the winter ice storm that shut down Atlanta for a week...but just barely.  With appliances on the fritz, pipes bursting and vomitting kids, it was tough week! A week from hell.

And even with the shitty weather I managed to bring in a couple Craigslist scores: a double BOB stroller and this 7 piece campaign furniture set

February

Ernesto and I had a little Valentines Day bake off at our "in-house" dinner date.  

We spent a week on the Weeki Wachee River in Florida with my parents.


March  

We stayed home the whole month!  Whew!  I made an Easter egg tree and worked in the garden! 


APRIL

April was jam packed with fun!  We met Ernesto's padres in NYC 


From there, we drove down to Washington DC.  Such a wonderful trip!


I flew up to Ohio for a girls weekend with Kelli and Jenny.  So fun! Also first couple nights away from my babies!  Kelli modeled Zafiro Jewelry in a professional photoshoot


For Easter, my brother Tim and his two boys came to visit us.  It was their first time meeting Marcelo.

 

My sister Jenny flew to Atlanta to help me sell my jewels at the annual Inman Park Festival.

May 


Marcelo and I flew to Ohio for the annual girls day at the Navarre garage sales while Mateo and Ernesto flew to San Diego.  It was the first time being away from Mateo for more than a couple nights.  I didn't like it.


We flew out to San Diego to reunite the family.  Happiness!


We spent a few weeks with mis suegras in sunny San Diego doing the usual.  (Part I)



June 

Ernesto and I completed 13 years of marriage!!  Whaaaaaa?!  


We flew to Ohio for a week of family fun!


It truly was a Summer vacation: camping, picnics, bike rides, ice cream, festivals, cousins playing, and thrifting quality family time!

Marcelo turned one on that trip too!!

We celebrated his birthday with an airplane fiesta!



July

 We had visitors!  


My neice Kelli came down to help me get organized. (yes, that is how the model looks in the am!)

My parents flew in for no particular reason... and we had no plans.


...so my dad decided he would make a picnic table! It's great!  Thanks for being antsy dad! 

I scored a couple things on Craigslist, one being this new daybed (that converts into a king)....for all my guests! 


August  

Another Arnold week,  But this time a week long family vacation in a cabin on the Mohican.  This video montage says it all.  

We spent as much time as possible at our neighborhood pool and hung out mucho with our neighbors who were about to move.  Good times!


September 

I started a blog series called "weekly wishes" to help me get shit done!  Not totally working, but im trying.


I sewed a teepee.   


 Mateo turned three!


There was a Garbage truck birthday party.


 The next day we flew back out to San Diego for some family fun and [not as hot as Atlanta] sun. (Part I & Part II)


primos and more primos


Our kids made it to Sea World for the first time...and had a blast!


October - December

Ernesto started installing lights and the craziness that is The Christmas Light Pros began.  It lasted until Dec 15.  

Best. Year. Ever. For lights.  (but we say that every year!)

Visitors/helpers were in and out.   Tio Brrrian stayed for the season.  Kyja for a couple weeks, Cariza for 10 days.  Parents for a week.  All to help manage the house kids while this girl was talking to customers and writing estimates.

My kids logged more tv/movie time this season than possibly their whole lives.  (Marcelo for sure)

Sad but true.  This is being curbed now in the new year.  But I have to admit, I still need this crutch called media or it would be crazy town.  All.  Day.  Long.  And....Ain't nobody got time for that!


We did get Thanksgiving day off!  (and I think one rain day too!!)  A relaxing day with several adults (Brrrian, Kyja, Rob, Fenella, us) and two little rascals.  Oh and the best pie ever! 


When the madness was over, we did get to see Santa 


Then flew up to Ohio for a very Merry Christmas!


New Years Eve was laid back and chill.  So glad we could spent it with [at least some] family!

One year we will get everyone together! Right hermanos?


What a year!  It seriously flew by!  I love doing these posts (even though it took me over 3 hours to put together) just to reminess all that went on.  What can I say? It was a good year.  Im loving life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails