Tuesday, December 16, 2014

2014 Christmas Wish List

Ernesto always says he never knows what to get me.  I think this is ridiculous, because I am always talking about what I want. Ha! I thought 


1.  Chanel Coco Noir A long time fan of Coco parfum, I tested Coco Noir a couple weeks ago and it could be my signatures scent folks (behind my all time favorite Hermes). The website describes it best: Striking top notes of grapefruit and bergamot accentuate the rose and jasmine infused floral accord, while notes of Indonesian patchouli and sandalwood add warmth.  So.  Sexy.

2.  NARS Lipstick in Manhunt  I actually discovered this lipstick on a blog that I read, and I have tested it twice at Sephora.  It really is a sheer red, but not sticky like lip gloss.  It stays on a long time and leaves a beautiful stained lip after that.  I recently bought a red at MAC, so I thought this ould be a great gift.

3.  Faux Fur Throw TjMaxx has some gorgeous ones, but I didn't see this exact color.  Sadly, I couldn't find a link to this exact one, but this is pretty darn close.

4. Glass Terrarium [atop a grape wood stump] These are so unbelievably cool and sculptural.  I saw them in West elm last week and knew I would add one to my list.  Even though Ernesto will probably be scrambling for gifts on Christmas Eve, I doubt he will buy me another planter.  Period.  A girl can still wish.


5.  Copper Rain Chain Even though we do not have gutters on our house (as many don't here) I would still love one of these.  

6.  Sea Urchin Wall Decor  Two Sets Please.  Have loved these forever and this is the most afordable option Ive seen (thanks for the tip Fred! Also...sorry that you paid $80 for yours)

7. Bird Feeder  This birdfeeder is big and metal, and won't  be invaded by squirrels.  Plus its really cute.  Is comes in green too, which I might prefer vs the red.  Surprise me! 

8.Brass Langholm Serving Set  This gorgeous serving set is from Anthropologie and Im in love.  Plus it will go with the beautiful flatware on my wishlist (below).


9.  Martha Stewart Magazine Nothing makes me feel less like a domestic goddess than reading this magazine, yet I guess I want to torture myself with feelings of inadequacy.

10.  Kate Smithson Print  All of her work is really awesome!

11.  Gold Flatware I saw this set at West Elm, the other day and fell in love.  (Kind of pricey though at $40 per place setting)  I thought I would add this just in case Ernesto needs one big item:) 

12.  Le Creuset Dutch Oven  I bought one of these at TJMaxx probably 10 years ago and it is hands down my favorite pot to cook in.  Still looks and performs like new.  They are an investment, but so worth it!  (TJMaxx has them for almost half the retail price) 


13. Pocket Measuring Tape  I need one of these bad.  A frequent thrifter must know the dimensions of the pieces that she won't have room for in her house. 

14. Gift Cards You can never go wrong with a gift card to my favorite stores.  I love walking in there with money to blow.  I always find something.  Never the same thing twice.

15.  Copper Plant Markers I have always loved little markers like this and they would really be helpful when things start popping up in the Spring.

16. Roomba iRobot  A robot that vaccums your floors whenever you program it to?  SOLD!  I forgot that I wanted this thing until a friend told me the other night that she got it and it works like a charm.   Never again will I get dark hardwood floors!  They look good when clean (which is never!) and that requires sweeping them twice a day.  Ain't nobody got time for that.


Lastly, my friend Lucy introduced me to the artist Starla Michelle Halfmann.  These peacock paintings of hers are my favorites (of course!) and the price is pretty good for these colorful prints. 

That's it!!  Do I seem like a girl who is hard to shop for?  I thought not.  Its funny I took the time to make this list because Ernesto usually doesn't like me to tell him what to buy me.  We will see if he is desparate for gift ideas. ha1 

Merry Christmas!  Can you believe we are less than two weeks away? What is the number one thing on your  list?

 

1 comment:

  1. Cindy -so glad you are back! I'm with you on being thankful for Craigslist (even checked out some chairs you sourced but they were 1/2 inch too tall for my table) and Christmas lights! i know you KNOW where to go in Atlanta for those awesome treasure moments, so my NYears wish is more of those! Thanks for blogging! ntw-also tried your blistered peppers- amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails