Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Labor Day Weekend Fun!

My parents flew in last week to spend 5 days with us.  We had such a great time.

Mateo loooooved having his grandparents here.  So much in fact, that he didn't want to take any long naps for fear of missing something.  He has so much energy.  And when I say he's into everything, I mean he is into Every. Thing!!  We left one kitchen cabinet unlocked for him and he loves to unload all the tupperware.  
The boys did their golfing, football watching and went to a baseball game while the girls did some gardening and made a trip out to Fabric World.  We actually broke our 4 hour record by staying in the store for 5 hours and 15 minutes!!  Crazy, I know.  Especially since we just went there to buy blackout liner [for Mateo's roman shades].

Im telling you, if you live in Atlanta you must make a trek out to this store [in Stone Mountain].
But a word of warning, if you don't like searching, you may not last long in here.  This time they had velvets in beautiful colors. 
You will find some awesome fabrics and everything is $4 or less/yard!  You will see a lot of name brands too.   A few of my favorites:


It's the hunt in this store that my mom and I love.  My mom, as usual, found a ton of fabric for future projects.

My bag, this time, was rather bland.  White, white and more white.  The exceptions, a gray flannel remnant for a crib sheet, and this beautiful mint green velvet.  (Not sure what for...maybe my cane back chairs?)


The last couple times we went walking in our neighborhood, we got lucky with some curbside finds.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.  Yes.  Yes it is.  Last week I came across this very sturdy, well-made wicker love seat.   Nothing is wrong with it [minus the missing cushion].  Love it!
This week, we were walking to the farmers market and saw this stainless gas grill on the curb with a note that said "works, but must light with a match."  Well, we are used to charcoal anyway, so that is no bother.  Ha!  Needless to say, Ernesto and my dad came back with the truck.  We have not tested it yet, but what a score, right?
The Grant Park farmers market is definitely one of my favorite things about our neighborhood. 
I look forward to it every Sunday.   We walk over, Ernesto gets his doughnut and I usually have a scone with coffee.   King of Pops is sometimes eaten as well, that is Mateo's favorite part.
mmmmm...mango strawberry!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails