Monday, August 29, 2011

Making Room for Baby

Happy Monday everyone!  This weekend was pretty great! How was yours? We strolled around Grant Park with some friends for the Summer Shade Festival Saturday morning and then Sunday had a beautiful brunch with our new supper club couples! 

After the realization set in that [barring a miracle] we will be in this apartment for baby's arrival, we got started purging and organizing all of our stuff.  We already had much of it packed and ready to go to the "new house," and we didn't feel like unpacking it. We had been living in this clutter for two weeks.
You can see there is just some random stuff left on our shelves and then stacks of tubs that have now gone to storage.  Our apartment already feels better/bigger.  The walk in closet and our huge armoire were cleaned out and now have lots of room for baby stuff. 
I washed a bunch of the baby clothes, they are so darn cute!
In other news, since we are just 3 1/2 weeks away from my due date, (I still can't believe this!) Ernesto and I figured we better start reading up on childbirth.  Ha!  Actually, I have read quite a bit online, but I always jump around to different topics.  I wanted a book that really explains all the different stages of the birthing process.  The Borders by our place is going out of business, so the selection is not the best, but I did find a book that I like: Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn: The Complete Guide.
What I like is that the book goes into great detail on the actual childbirth (cesarean too) and is not biased to using an epidural or going natural.   I haven't written a birth plan.  (come on, are you surprised?)  I  am approaching this pregnancy considering a natural childbirth but open to using drugs if needed.  My friend Aileen got me a book called Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth.  It is very highly recommended and has a ton of birth stories (mostly natural).  I am anxious to read this, and see if it gives me the confidence it gave Aileen.  (She gave birth in her home with a midwife...uh, I will never be that brave!)
Ernesto got a book called Fathers & Babies.  It has pictures.  He is all set.
We did the usual grazing round at Whole Foods and sat down with our new books to get educated.
{Ernesto wanted me to mention that we are "shiny" because we were just outside walking in 97 degree heat. He is worried about looking dirty. Don't judge!}
We also started painting the armoire.
As you can see we are going with the turquoise.  I was pretty sure I was going to paint it yellow, but then Ernesto surprised me one day by painting half of it when I was working....with the turquoise.  It's better he just made an executive decision.  I like it...and it's almost finished.  Ill post a pic soon.

We did look at quite a few houses this past week too.  There is no shortage of homes for sale, we just need to find THE ONE!  Wish us luck!


1 comment:

  1. You're funny!! On the job training. That's what I would do too. Enjoy this time. Love yeeeee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails