Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sea Pines Plantation, Hilton Head

I had been to Hilton Head once 4 years ago but it was a quick 24 hour girls trip to escape Atlanta at a nice hotel.  I saw the beach in front of the Westin.  Period.  I was glad [on my trip last week] I was able to see more of the island.

We stayed at Sea Pines Plantation,  a 5,200-acre, master-planned golf and boating community in the Carolina Lowcountry.  Inside the gates there are nearly 2,700 homes and over 1,000 villas, one of which my parents rented all week for a steal of a deal ** See details at end of post 

Besides spending quality time with my parents and playing cards every night, I got in a full week of exercise.  The guys played a lot of golf and my mom and I pushed our limits at the yoga classes offered at the fitness center (love!)  We were also on our bikes everyday to explore the miles of paved trails winding through large plantation. 
You must be careful speeding around the bends on your bike.  You may run over this...
 The aligators were all over the plantation and looking pretty scary.
Even though the beach was beautiful, it was windy and chilly so we didn't hang out  too long.  One day though, the sand was packed tight at low tide.  We took off on our bikes in the direction of the wind and we flew at 25 miles per hour.  It was awesome!
Sea Pines has a forest preserve that encompasses 605 acres and features nature trails, lakes and is home to about 350 species of birds.  We strolled along the paths with the Spanish moss hanging over us like clouds . 

Thanks again to my mom and dad for inviting us!  We had a great time!

** Did you know that if you are in the military or ever have been (no matter what length of time)  you are eligible to rent condos around the world at discounted prices?  Check out the Armed Forces Vacation Club to see what is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails