Friday, September 24, 2010

Fit Fridays: Back Breaking!

RIDING WITH CRITICAL MASS THROUGH ATLANTA
 Not a great week for workouts, but I must say I was very productive in other areas.  Zafiro Jewelry!
 Since I went to the Mart a couple weeks ago and bought all these beautiful gems, I realized that I also needed some chain.  The Atlanta Arts Festival really cut down on my inventory (not that I'm complaining) I needed to make more necklaces for this weekends' show in Sandy Springs.  So I did. 

Workouts as follows:

Saturday-Monday: rest
Tuesday: walk 3 miles and Crossfit: "Helton" WOD
Three rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
Dumbbell squat cleans, 30 reps
30 Burpees

Wednesday: walk 3 miles (this doesn't really count as a workout, just a bonus)
Thursday: rest


Friday:  Crossfit: "The Seven" WOD
Seven rounds for time of:
7 Handstand push-ups
135 pound Thruster, 7 reps
7 Knees to elbows
245 pound Deadlift, 7 reps
7 Burpees
7 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
7 Pull-ups


"The Seven" workout is the one that Ernesto did on Wednesday and threw out his back while doing the deadlifts.  Pobrecito.  He is much better now [that he is on drugs] but he was bedridden and in pain for 24 hours.  I was very careful (and even went a little lighter on weight) when I did my dead lifts.

Critaical Mass Bikeride: 10 miles  Our friend Jason told us about Critical Mass.  On the last Friday of every month, hundreds of bikers meet downtown and enjoy stopping traffic on some of Atlanta's busiest streets.  It was a great ride!  We started at Woodruff Park downtown and continued on through west midtown, Georgia Tech campus, Atlantic Station, 17th street bridge, the Prado, the Atlanta botanical gardens,  Virginia Highlands, Inman Park and then ended at our place.  It was such a great tour. Many cities around the country are organizing groups rides like this.  Check your city to see if they do something similar. 
YEP! A MALE BIKINI RIDER.  BRAZILIAN. GO FIGURE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails