Monday, July 13, 2009

Salsa Navarro



Yes, another salsa! I told you we are salsa fanatics in our house. Besides being delicious, this salsa is really special. It is from the kitchen of Neto's Abuela Navarro. It is mostly used with flautas or tostadas, but I can devour a bowl of it with some chips. What makes this so different is one key ingredient: oregano.



Salsa Navarro

6 roma tomatoes

3-4 chiles gueritos  (hot yellow chiles)  Use green if you can't find yellow

1 clove garlic

Pinch of oregano

salt to taste

The process is the same of the salsa roja. Roast the tomatoes and peppers until charred all around.
Throw all into blender, add pinch of oregano and salt to taste, serve warm.

Serve with flautas or tostadas.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love the shot of the charred garlic!! There's nothing like fresh salsa. I like to prepare my salsa like this.

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails