Friday, July 17, 2009

A Cross Stitch Project

It's not that I need another project.   I wanted was something I could do on the road.  My sewing projects aren't portable, my jewelry is not accessible, the blanket I'm crocheting has lost it's novelty (+ its too big), and decorating a house is out of the question right now.

So, I saw this cross stitch project at Joann Fabrics.  I know, I know, cross stitch? But I imagined it framed on a wall in my house and I began to like the idea. 

I'd like to introduce you to: 
Yes, the Mona Lisa.   Leonardo da Vinci painted this classic back in the 15oo's and she is still around.  She has history, she's international (born in Italia lives in Francia), and I think she would look nice against many paint colors.  

Mona and I go way back.  Back to an unbelievable time in my twenties.   I was on a backpacking trip through Europe with my brother Brrrian.  I have been to Paris probably 4 times since then, but only went into the Louvre on that first trip.  Discovering art, the art of traveling, and essentially who I was as a young adult.  I can't see her and not be reminded of this trip.  I have been buying a lot of art/textiles for my future home on my travels the last year and  think this will be just as special. 

The other thing, the most important thing, is that my Mona Lisa will be 100% handmade by me during a [yet another] memorable period of my life.  A time of volunteering, traveling, discovering and spending quality time with family.

So thank you Joann Fabrics for taking me down memory lane and doing it for only $9.99.  
Half price off. 
18" x 12" and comes with all the thread. 
Let's see how long it takes me to finish. Any bets?

This was my Beautiful Life Friday.  Check out more on the Inspired Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails