Monday, July 21, 2008

Fiesta de Caipiguaros

Eduardo is back in town for two days from his trip through central america...he is leaving Monday returning to Brazil. In the 6 months he has ben here he made a huge group of international friends. He wanted to have one last party before he goes and Kate offered her place. Instead of the Brazilian favorite Caipirinias, which uses cachaça, we used the costa rican liquor, Guaro. Hence the name Caipiguaros. Ernesto Kate and I went to the market in the morning and bought fruit for the drinks. Lime, strawberries and my personal favorite ..........maracuyá (passion fruit) The seeds were just left in the drink and they were so good.
Eduardo was the official bartender, but after ordering my third drink, he taught me how to make it myself:) Which was great because this is how I started talking to Gillian (in pic below). I made her a caipiguaro. She's Americana, lives in San Jose and works for the Tico Times newspaper! We are going to get together soon....and speak spanish of course!Kate and I really like this next picture because it reminds us of a 1970's ad for....some kind of alcohol. Don't you think? looking through the arch into the kitchen? The lighting is horrible, but I like the way it turned out.I met Maxime through Eduardo. He is a Frenchie and will be in Costa Rica only a few more weeks. Que triste! I have to post this picture of me with him because it is the only one I have where his eyes are actually open! Muy fotogenico Max!We took a group shot with everyone using the timer.
The plan was to go to Castros for dancing....YES! salsa dancing! (thanks for listening to my request Edu!) Some of us couldn't wait to dance...I did make an awesome playlist on my ipod for the party so it was hard to NOT dance. A mix of reggaeton, salsa, hip-hop, reggae...let me know if you want a copy:) We rolled into Barrio Mexico at about 1130pm. Castros is a cool club. There is a great mix of people and that means great people watching! Las chicas con Eduardo and his brother. The dance floor was packed! Too crowded! There is one dance that I just sit and stare, it is Cumbia....and I MUST learn it. Here I watch and learn ......must.........learn......cumbia.........Check out this short video. You may want to learn it too. They dance it very differently here..it is like swing dancing and it looks like such a workout! ...and to answer your question T.J.....NO, it was not raining in there! I was sweating my a%$ off. Thank you very much! (he commented on this picture in Facebook) This was actually after I danced the best 15 minutes of salsa in my life! It was one of Eduardo's friends Chalo. During my 15 minutes of fame, the heel of my shoe got caught on someone and I fell....gracefully!! Then got up and carried on dancing! I usually love crowds, but on the dance floor you need some space!! Lots of great action shots taken that night! Oh, these guys could break your back if your not careful!
"apple bottom jeans (skirt), boots with (no) fur, the whole club was lookin' at her, she hit the floor, next thing you know, shorty got low low low low low low low low low"
....As long as we GO HOME together at the end of the night, right?
As you can imagine, we were dead tired on Sunday. Coming home at 4am is....somethin' different. Kate and I laid out in the sun for a couple hours and Ernesto slept until 230p. He said..."Man, I just can't do that anymore" Im tempted to post the picture I took of him when he laid down in bed that night.....Kate and I stood in the doorway laughing. Crazy Nester! Ill save him the ridicule.....this time! Our co-worker and neighbor had some people over to celebrate Colombias Independence Day Sunday night. More dancing and great food! and just a one minute walk. Thats about all we could handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails