Thursday, January 17, 2008

CLOSING a Chapter of our Lives!

We actually got all of the stuff out out of our house by closing time...12 noon on Tuesday. It was so wierd being in an empty house. Rare was very confused as to what was going on.

Nothing like cutting it close! We had to do a few last things like take down my chandelier. We wrote it in the contract that it goes with me. I got this thing a long time ago at a yard sale in Wooster Ohio for $10. I love it, it's so unique! (if not a bit dusty)

I cant hang it in our new place but it will come with us to our next home. Ernesto even cooked out ribs monday night for a few neighbors...a cookout the night before? I told him that is crazy, but he wanted to do it!
Here he is at the closing ......signing all my stress away!!!

We gave eachother high-five's "woo-hoo debt free!" I hope we didn't scare the new homeowner...this is his first. yikes! That night we went out to dinner to celebrate at City Grill downtown. Our waiter gave us great service and threw in an extra mango-strawberry martini,

of which I only had a few sips and moved on to a dry vino tinto (malbec, my favorite)This is a horrible pic, (not of you, mi amor) but not sure what happened with the lighting [of my camera] but you can kind of see the walls in the background. There were painted trees in turquoise and greens, high ceilings and chandeliers. It was the old Federal Reserve Bank, built in 1912, and it has the feel of grandeur often found in old, established clubs and hotels in New York and Europe. It also has that grandeur price, but I had a $75 gift certificate that I had won at my office xmas party (which sadly didn't even cover half the bill) After our shrimp apetizer, salads, and steaks (I had filet, Neto had porterhouse) they brought us chocolate truffles made in-house. Ernesto really enjoyed them.

And these are the days of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Cindy,
    glad you got out o.k.
    now throw the chandelier OUT!!!

    -t

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails