Friday, October 05, 2007

GEEK NIGHT



I knew when Smita mentioned "Geek Night" that I had to be part of it!

Her 2 friends/ co-workers Sly and Darren, had the idea of getting together with laptops and blogging (or whatever else you like to do on the computer) and sharing music, ideas and conversation. Sly hosted at his house and we started with cosmopolitans. Then, over dinner we had a fun conversation "If you could have 5 houses anywhere in the world, where would they be?"
My answer:
  1. Buenos Aires, Argentina
  2. Paris, France
  3. New York, NY
  4. Sevilla, Spain
  5. La Jolla, CA

I had a really hard time choosing #5, I wanted to put Lake Como, Italy, but since I haven't actually been there YET. ....I have been to several other cities in Italy and I LOVE the culture, the food, the scenery, and the language... molto buon...very sexy!!! I could see myself there a couple months out of the year...easily. No, I won't need a house in Ohio, I can stay with my family when Im there:)

After dinner, we moved to the living room and sat around the coffee table with our laptops. Sly was just starting his blog, Darren was working on a home video he made with his MacBook (which, by the was I MUST BUY) It's so stylish and inspiring....easy to use, and I want it!! Smita and I worked on our FaceBook profiles. Geek-y? YES, but it was so much fun. What a great idea...We will be doing this regularly. The people that I have told about this think its a great idea too...Im hosting the next one and I think its going to be a growing club!!

2 comments:

  1. If you really want to do it right, you need some pocket protectors, graphing calculators, taped glasses, and of course a rousing game of Dungeons and Dragons. If you can manage to supply all those things the next time I'll be there. Also, you should definetly have a teleconference with another Geek Night chapter.
    BTW, I think Tyner Ave. NW should have been on that list. Good to see you having a good time in ATL. I'll give you a call this week. I think I may make my first visit to Canton for the year next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhh, Dresden, Germany, anyone?

    ReplyDelete

Hola!
I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for stopping by Viva Cindy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails